Below, NKA Removals have put together a list of common questions that are asked regarding removals.
Is there a reason I should avoid moving on a Friday?
Although a weekend move will sound appealing and may be the best option timewise, as most people may not be busy on weekends, it is one fo the worst days of the week to move house.
Some companies may even charge extra to move on this day, and if you experience any delays – you might have to wait until Monday to rectify issues.
When considering an international move, it is important that you find a removals company you can trust.
A regular house move demands a lot of time, however, when crossing oceans and borders, the importance of all aspects of your going to plan and avoiding a chaotic experience will be much more significant.
In saying that, it is vital to know what questions to ask, as the reliable service from a professional overseas mover can be the difference between a smooth, straightforward moving process and a difficult one.
Hiring a removals company could be the best thing you ever did, and we’ll tell you why…
We’ve mentioned time and time again that moving house can be an awfully stressful time – although, it’s definitely worth it in the end!
Hiring a removals company is likely to save you time and stress as you focus on other, smaller parts of the move that can easily be overlooked.
Many movers seek to complete a move on the same day which is possible. If you’re after speed, hiring a professional removals company will be incredibly beneficial as they will have the correct equipment and expertise to complete your move efficiently, they will also take extra precaution with fragile items to ensure no damage is inflicted on your belongings.
With the peace of mind that a reputable removals company is literally taking care of your property, this allows you time to collect keys for your new property.
It is likely that your chosen removals company will offer you a variety of other services which can aid in helping your relocation go even faster.
Note that before any moving, it is important to have some insurance in place to cover any loss or damage of your items!
NKA Removals offer removals solutions across the UK and Europe!
There is a large amount of preparation and organisation that goes into moving items into a new house.
If there are many boxes that hold fragile items, any valuables or large pieces of furniture to move, hiring a professional removals company to aid you with your move will be an ideal investment. However, it is important for you to choose the correct removal company for your move.
Things to remember when choosing a removals company is:
Price isn’t everything
Ensure you obtain several quotes from a variety of removal firms. When doing this, check over any fine print so you are aware of what is covered and what is not. Remember to not necessarily for the cheapest removal company; you must remember to factor in their availability along with the services you are being provided.
There are a number of questions you may want to ask possible removal firms in order to help you make a decision such as:
- What type and level of insurance is offered?
- How long has the firm been trading and are they able to supply references?
- How will possessions be packed and protected?
- How long will the move generally take?
- Will you need insurance? What does that insurance cover?
Be sure to begin early with your preparations to give yourself enough time to research into a number of removal companies and choose the right one.
Please visit the website to see our removals services and more!
Have you seen our moving checklist we have created to help you with your move?
3-4 weeks prior to moving:
- Contact mobile phone companies, telephone, cable, satellite and internet service providers and notify them of your change of address and the date you are moving.
- Start packing / de-cluttering if you are doing this yourself
- Notify your bank or building society, notify your credit / store card providers
- Notify your child’s existing school that they will be leaving and then contact their new school
- Contact your insurance provider for your life, motor, medical, pet and contents insurance
- If you are moving from your local area contact doctors, dentists and opticians and re-register in your new area
- Notify your local council in both your current area and the area you are moving to with regards to council tax
1-2 weeks prior to moving:
- Contact TV Licensing and notify them that you are moving
- Notify your electricity, gas and water provider
- 3 days before you move
- Pack a large bag with useful items that you may need on move day, for example a first aid kit, nappies, tea bags, knives and forks, matches, candles and a torch
- Pack all your jewellery and keep it in a safe place, remember to take it with you and keep it secure on move day
- If there is any dismantling of furniture you should have pre-arranged this with your removal company. If you are doing it yourself make sure that you keep all the screws in a safe place. Make sure that you arranged to have appliances disconnected by a professional
One day prior to moving:
- Park your car outside your house in readiness for the removal vehicle to arrive tomorrow
Day of the move:
- Make sure you leave the kettle out and be prepared to make tea for the removal men as moving house is exhausting work
- Make sure you check everywhere in the house, looking very carefully in cupboards and drawers to ensure everything has been removed
You can use our “Moving Checklist” on the lead up to your removal, which also provides some useful hints and tips.
Use these links to find more about the NKA European Removals and Worldwide shipping branches across the home counties:
Please visit the website to view all of our removal services!