At NKA Removals, we want to make you as comfortable as possible when you are moving.
To relieve you from the stress, we’ve written up a list of tips and advice for any move!
1 month before moving
– Round up supplies, rope, tape and boxes
– If you’re moving abroad or fairly far away, make sure that all of the necessary bookings are made for rental car reservations or hotels
– Seach for your removals company
– Close any apartment rental or real estate needs
– File away insurance documents, as well as legal and medical in a secure location
– Hand out mailers your new address: banks, insurance companies, dentists, doctors, tax authorities, government agencies, debit and credit card companies, along with friends and families
– Change debit and credit card companies
– Save moving receipts
– Familiarise yourself with your new area through frequent visits/maps
– Calculate a moving budget
2 weeks before moving
– Let all of your gas, water, electric and phone providers know that you are moving and then sign up for services at your new address
– Recruit a professional removals company to help with your move
– Make sure that all the necessary travel reservations are in place
– Make the arrangements of transferring or closing banks accounts
When packing, keeping the following accessible will be useful:
– Different boxes
– Bubble wrap, balled up newspaper, other forms of protective packaging
– Marker pens
– Measuring tape
– Old blankets
– Scissors and packing tape
– Money/credit/debit cards
Ensure that all of your boxes are labelled with the room the contents of the box belong in. It is also advised to number boxes and keep lists of what is in each box, similarly, label fragile items that are boxed clearly.
When in the process of the move, you may want to pack a bag with essential items that may be required, such as clothes, medicine, food, drinks, (potentially) maps, a medical kit etc.
Don’t forget to book our professional removals help when following the above tips!