Have you seen our moving checklist we have created to help you with your move?
3-4 weeks prior to moving:
- Contact mobile phone companies, telephone, cable, satellite and internet service providers and notify them of your change of address and the date you are moving.
- Start packing / de-cluttering if you are doing this yourself
- Notify your bank or building society, notify your credit / store card providers
- Notify your child’s existing school that they will be leaving and then contact their new school
- Contact your insurance provider for your life, motor, medical, pet and contents insurance
- If you are moving from your local area contact doctors, dentists and opticians and re-register in your new area
- Notify your local council in both your current area and the area you are moving to with regards to council tax
1-2 weeks prior to moving:
- Contact TV Licensing and notify them that you are moving
- Notify your electricity, gas and water provider
- 3 days before you move
- Pack a large bag with useful items that you may need on move day, for example a first aid kit, nappies, tea bags, knives and forks, matches, candles and a torch
- Pack all your jewellery and keep it in a safe place, remember to take it with you and keep it secure on move day
- If there is any dismantling of furniture you should have pre-arranged this with your removal company. If you are doing it yourself make sure that you keep all the screws in a safe place. Make sure that you arranged to have appliances disconnected by a professional
One day prior to moving:
- Park your car outside your house in readiness for the removal vehicle to arrive tomorrow
Day of the move:
- Make sure you leave the kettle out and be prepared to make tea for the removal men as moving house is exhausting work
- Make sure you check everywhere in the house, looking very carefully in cupboards and drawers to ensure everything has been removed
You can use our “Moving Checklist” on the lead up to your removal, which also provides some useful hints and tips.
Use these links to find more about the NKA European Removals and Worldwide shipping branches across the home counties:
Please visit the website to view all of our removal services!