Whether you’re moving home and need UK household removals help, embarking on a European removal or are shipping worldwide, here are some some important tips that can help you save time and reduce stress during your house removal:
- Make labels for your packaging so that they can remind you at the time of unpacking as to what the boxes contain. Otherwise you will have to check out all the boxes which may be time consuming. See NKA Removals shop for a packaging quote with packing supplies.
- Make out a list to help you to record what’s in each box or container. Make your own system but keep it simple and ensure that it will allow you to easily identify where everything is placed.
- Always ensure that you do not overfill your boxes and cartons, remember that they have to be lifted. The NKA Removals Team is fully trained for all these aspects. So it is better for you to consider them to be men and not supermen. Remember that boxes which are overfilled may break as they are designed to contain a specific amount of material and weight.
- Make sure that you have enough packing material. It is essential that you have plenty of paper, bubble wrap, cartons and containers. You will also need lots of string and adhesive tape.
- Place all your delicate decoration items in a single place. Be sure to wrap them separately and place in paper balls so that they don’t crash with each other. Don’t forget to mark them as “fragile”.
- Your ornaments, glassware and other delicate items should first be wrapped in kitchen roll before using newspaper. The containers holding these items should be clearly marked as “fragile”.
- Start packing little bit in advance, as this will not feel hectic at the end of the procedure. Keep only essential items aside until the last day or two.
- Boxes are preferred to bags for small items. Bags are easily torn and difficult to stack.
- Where ever possible use your suitcases and other luggage to pack some of your things.
- Remember to keep important documents aside. This will obviously include any documents related to the house sale and your removal or any other official usage that you may need urgently.
- Ensure that any paint or other liquids are packed in leak-proof containers. Pack in plastic bags before placing in boxes to minimize the effect of any spillages.
- Remember to defrost your fridge and freezer at-least a couple of days before your move. It is always better to run the contents of these down over the last couple of weeks before you move.
- Kitchen and other appliances such as fridges, freezers or washing machines that contain water should be drained and allowed to dry before removal otherwise they will spoil the other things placed with them.
- Most beds require to be dismantled before they can be moved. Consider this and plan accordingly.
- Self assembly furniture does not usually move well. It is better if you can make arrangements to have this dismantled before your move. You should also arrange for someone to reassemble it at your new home.
- You should ensure that you have read your utility meters before leaving. You should also have made the appropriate arrangements with the utility and telephone companies for transfer of your services.
- Keep all your essential items together in a suitable box for the day of the move. These will include things like your credit cards, keys, wallets and mobile phones.
- Clear any obstruction to allow free movement to your property.
You can see that your removal becomes efficient, with less loop holes, target oriented and very cost effective. Remember that NKA are removal experts, working in all over the UK for years with a professional approach, ensuring that your Removal is done without any fuss.
Feel free to contact NKA REMOVALS at any time if you need further advice or information about anything related to the move. We have office in the South East of England, covering the home counties – For Removals Amersham call 01494 410078. For Removals Ascot 01344 204230. Removals Aylesbury 01296 32081. Removals Bracknell 01344 204783. Removals Henley-on-Thames 01491 577212. Removals High Wycombe 01494 441744. Removals Maidenhead 01628 789282. Removals Newbury 01635 881145. Removals Reading 01189 475315. Removals Slough 01753 201925 . Removals Thame 01844 390018. Removals Wallingford 01491 520072.